The Fender Super Champ X2 is a tube amp that also has modeling capabilities.
Fender Super Champ X2 Info
|Amplifier Type:||Tube. 2x6V6 and 1x12AX7|
|Dimensions:||14.8 x 8.8 x 17.5 inches|
Even though it is only 15 watts, this amp can get loud. It also sounds good at all volumes. It’s an advanced practice amp that gets very loud and could even have enough power for small shows.
The Fender Super Champ X2 is definitely on the powerful end of the lower watt combo amps on the market, and it’s also suitable for noise restricted practice sessions too.
There are so many controls on this amp that there’s no way you can’t get the sound you want.
Fender X2 Features
- Two separate channels: one with effects and modelling, one without
- Channel Switching Format supports optional footswitch
- Voicing knob with 16 different amp types
- 15 effects with effects adjust control
- TAP tempo control for delay time/modulation rate adjustments
- USB output for speaker-emulated digital recording
What We Like
- Using the Fender Fuse software and the USB cable it comes with, you can connect the amp to your computer and modify the presets for the various effects.
- The speaker can be unplugged, so that you can output through a different cabinet.
What We Don’t Like
- No separate control for midrange eq.
- There is no way to save your Tap setting.
- The stock speaker isn’t very powerful.
- You can’t upload presets to the amp, you can only create them on your computer and then use them while it’s connected.
The Fender Superchamp X2 is a small and portable tube amp that provides that warm Fender tone, and also has modelling capabilities. It’s great for home and practice, and since it supports outputting through external speakers, you can even get it loud enough for professional use. It has so many effects and features, and tube sound, but is still affordable.